BluePill is the simplest and the mostsecure way to protect your PalmPowered Treo device and the data itcontains. It is significantly more advanced than other applicationsmade for this purpose as well as being much easier to use and having a muchfaster response. You may define up to 16 trigger SMS messages that performdifferent things when you send them to your phone. For example you may definemessage "killAll" to perform a hard reset, "killCard" toformat the expansion card, "whatsUp" to respond to your SMS, and"lockMe" to lock it. Then you lose your Treo. You can send an SMSsaying "whatsUp" to you phone and it will respond with "Devicealive and well at 94% battery power...". You may then remember you left avery important document on your expansion card, so you send"killCard" and you may be sure that nobody will get the document. Nowyou decide to lock your phone, so you send "lockMe" and it will be unusableuntil a password is entered.
BluePill features over other such software:
- BluePill cannot be deleted without knowing the device password
- BluePill cannot be modified in any way, so you know you can always trust it
- BluePill settings cannot be modified without providing the device password.
- BluePill will activate even after a warm reset, so even this trick will not get around it
- BluePill can format the expansion card in the background, showing no signs until all data is safely erased
- BluePill can perform a real hard reset in a matter of milliseconds, making sure your valuable data is not accessible to anyone
- BluePill can respond to the trigger SMS so that you know your device's status
|The dialog presented before the application starts:||The action configuration screen, showing the possible options. The [?] buttons are links to the help system:|
|The extensive builtin help system will answer all possible questions, including examples and tips:||The main screen of the application, showing the list of configured actions:|
|The about screen:|